Monday, October 26, 2009

Kite Surfers

I was driving over the Lions Gate Bridge on the way home from work today and noticed a bunch of kite surfers at Ambleside Park. So I quickly grabbed my camera and hit the beach before the sun set.

1/250 @ f/5.6, ISO 640, 78mm

The kite surfers were pretty cool. It was the first time I've ever seen them up close doing their thing. One of them really stood out from the rest because he was getting some ridiculous air. He was easily 20-30' off the water at times so naturally my camera was pointed at him most of the time.


1/2000 @ f/4.5, ISO 640, 100mm

There were also kite-less surfers at ambleside enjoying the wind and waves.

1/1000 @ f/4.5, ISO 640, 100mm

The lighting was pretty poor so I ended up making the photos black and white. With the large waves, the black and white seemed to fit the mood so the lighting didn't end up really being an issue.

1/750 @ f/5.6, ISO 640, 59mm

I wish I had more to write in this blog entry but with the shoot being only 15 minutes or so, the photos will say more than I can. Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Who needs color ...such a dramatic effect....I Love B&W.....you get the feel!! in every component of the shot!!!!

    ReplyDelete